1. Are you a licensed adoption agency?
A. Yes, we are! We are licensed in Pennsylvania by DHS, licensed in Tennessee by DCS and licensed in Florida by DCF.
2. Does your agency do home studies where we live?
A. Yes, absolutely. We cover the entire state ! You are never charged mileage.
Our social workers live and work locally to serve adoptive parents state wide.
3. How long is the home study process?
A. Our agency completes home studies in 4 weeks but you set the pace.
4. What if other family members live with me/us or I/we live with them?
A. That does not matter nor does it affect your home study at all but all adults living in the household will
need background checks done.
5. What if you are renting and do not own a home?
A. You do not need to own a home in order to adopt a child. Your home/apartment does not need to be a certain
6. If we have other children at home, can the adopted child share a bedroom with them?
A. Yes, absolutely.
7. Do you have to be married?
For a domestic adoption you can be single, married, divorced, childless, or already parenting other children. Yes, single people can adopt too! Often a hopeful adoptive parent will not know this.
At Love And Hope Adoptions, all those seeking to become adoptive parents or anyone wishing to place a child for adoption, are equally respected and helped.
8. How long is an adoption home study good for?
Adoption home studies are good for one year from the date of completion.
It is the adoptive parents responsibility to maintain their adoption home study current. If you move, change jobs, someone moves in or out of the home, etc…you need to contact Love And Hope Adoptions to maintain your adoption home study current and valid.
9. What about pets?
It is perfectly OK to have pets as long as they are friendly and do not pose a threat to children. Your pet cannot have any history of biting and you need to show current veterinary records. Most pets make wonderful companions and enrich the lives of children and the lives of their owners.